Active Shooter Incident Management Checklist
Rev 3.0 Jul 2019
ASIM Checklist version 3.0 simplifies Incident Command transitions for Law Enforcement, fully implements the “I Love U Guys” Standard Reunification Method and adopts Bomb Cover and Bomb Go IED terminology.
C3 Pathways is pleased to announce the public release of Revision 3.0 Jul 2019 of its validated Active Shooter Incident Management Checklist for use in managing Law Enforcement | Fire | EMS response to Active Shooter Events.
ASIM Checklist version 3.0 simplifies Incident Command transitions for Law Enforcement, fully implements the “I Love U Guys” Standard Reunification Method (SRM) and adopts Bomb Cover and Bomb Go IED terminology.
Critical to this update is the elimination of law enforcement changing radio callsigns from Command to Contact 1 or Tactical in the initial arrival sequence. Notable changes include the addition of a full Reunification sub checklist and combining all common practices into a Multi-Discipline subchecklist.
The changes have been tested and validated through exercises and best practices. Accompanying the updated Checklist is a full update of the Checklist Help Guide to Revision 3.0. Changes are listed below and may also be found in the ASIM Checklist Help Guide Revision History.
The ASIM Checklist phone app now has a one-time quick registration form that automates handling of Copyright permission for usage.
Checklist Rev 3.0
START HERE primary checklist
- -LE First arriving sub checklist: Added item Radio ID: CONTACT 1
- -LE 2nd-4th arriving sub checklist: Deleted item Form CONTACT TEAM; Changed item Communicate with COMMAND to Communicate with CONTACT 1
- -LE “5th Man” sub checklist: Deleted item Designate First LE as CONTACT 1; Added item Radio ID: TACTICAL
- -First LE Supervisor sub checklist: Changed item Designate “5th Man” as TACTICAL GROUP to Set COMMAND POST location
- -INTELLIGENCE SECTION sub checklist: Changed name from INTELLIGENCE SECTION to INTELLIGENCE / INVESTIGATIONS SECTION
- -Changed Consider REUNIFICATION GROUP to Consider REUNIFICATION BRANCH
- -Changed order of items
- -LEAD PIO (JOINT INFORMATION CENTER) sub checklist: Added item Announce Reunification site when authorized
- -Added new REUNIFICATION SERVICES GROUP sub checklist
- -Added new REUNIFICATION ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP sub checklist
- -Added new REUNIFICATION ASSEMBLY GROUP sub checklist
- -DISCOVERY or DETONATION sub checklist: Changed item Announce “IED [location]” and move clear to Announce “Bomb Cover” or “Bomb Go”; Added items Maintain 5400 scan, NEVER TOUCH Bombs, Bombers are Bombs
- -CONTACT and RESCUE sub checklist: Changed item Mark and bypass to Mark (Chem Lights) and bypass
- -EXPOSED VICTIM RESCUE sub checklist: Changed VICTIM to SURVIVOR; Changed item Direct victim movement explicitly to Direct survivor movement explicitly
- -NO VICTIMS THREATENED sub checklist: Changed VICTIM to SURVIVOR
- -Deleted item REUNIFICATION GROUP
- -Added items REUNIFICATION BRANCH, REUNIFICATION STAGING, REUNIFICATION SERVICES GROUP, REUNIFICATION ACCOUNTABILITY GROUP, REUNIFICATION ASSEMBLY GROUP
- -Changed item INTELLIGENCE SECTION to INTEL / INVESTIGATIONS SECTION
- -Updated Copyright years
- -Updated to Checklist rev 3.0
- -Added, updated content to match Checklist rev 3.0 changes
- -Changed Improvised Explosive Device (IED) section 5 to include updated information to match checklist changes
- -Typographical, formatting and editorial corrections